Technology and innovation drive the healthcare scene more than any other force, and it’ll continue developing in dramatic ways in the future. The dentistry field has had its fair share of technological advancements, and the E4D Dentistry System is one of those achievements. To experience this advancement, its time to book an appointment now.
Developed by E4D Technologies, E4D Dentist System is, at the present day, the most modern system for creating same day dental crowns. It’s a high-tech medical system that utilizes laser scanning technology to reproduce the optical impression of tooth preparations. It also uses a state-of-the-art design center for designing the restoration, and a milling unit that makes use of burs to mill the restoration.
As opposed to traditional methods, whereby a crown is created throughout many weeks and needs more than two office visits, E4D Dentist System enables Dentists to take a tooth scan, virtually design final restoration and in just about an hour, accurately mill your crown. This gets rid of the need to put on a temporary tooth for weeks and later go back for another consultation.
The procedure, thus, involves three quick steps:
- Digitally scanning your tooth.
- Virtually designing the replacement tooth.
- Milling the new crown within an hour.
The E4D system holds an indubitable edge over the traditional restoration technologies, and some of these include:
- It’s time-saving since it eliminates the inconvenience of return visits to the Dentist.
- Potential discomfort and concern for tooth sensitivities resulting from temporary restoration are reduced since it’s a one visit procedure.
- The restored tooth is identical to a natural tooth, and there are no messy impressions.
In case you are worried about the cost of restoration vis-a-vis the traditional methods, you’d be glad to know that there’s no additional cost to have your restoration placed in one visit or two. The initial high cost of equipment may, however, affect the restoration fee for the patient.