Dental composite veneers are used in restorative dentistry. They consist of thin shells of porcelain or plastic materials that are placed on top of damaged front teeth. Once applied, a veneer will protect a tooth and enhance its appearance. If you are looking to save your tooth and boost your smile without overspending, the website of Woonona Dentists will show you how dental composite veneers can be a good option.
Accordingly, dental composite veneers can enhance the texture, color, shape and size of your damaged front teeth. They’re are excellent choice when you want to fix the following dental issues:
- Crooked teeth – These are misshapen teeth that ruin an otherwise beautiful smile
- Discolored teeth – Teeth that have white patches, brown or yellow stains are unattractive and don’t always respond to teeth whitening procedures. Composite veneers are better solutions.
- Damaged teeth – These can be cracked, chipped or broken teeth. Damaged teeth can also mean those that have succumbed to acid erosion. If you have damaged teeth that are ruining your smile, have them repaired with the minimally invasive composite veneers.
- Gappy teeth – These are teeth that have gaps in between that affect a natural smile. These can be closed with composite bonding.
How a dentist fixes composite veneers
Once you meet your dentist, they will ask about your needs. Do you want your teeth to appear brighter and whiter? In such a situation, your dentist might begin with a tooth whitening procedure. If you have a gum disease, they will cure it prior to fixing dental composite veneers; the procedure will be delayed, of course. Basically, the procedure entails:
- Cleaning your teeth to get rid of dental plaque. This is usually invisible and located on the surfaces of teet
- Separating the teeth that need treatment and drying them using a rubber dam.
- Next, the dentist will roughen up the surface of each tooth that requires treatment.
- Sculpt and mold the resin bonding material. This is usually a soft and pliable substance that is similar to clay or putty. Hence, it may be molded or sculpted in any desirable way. This composite bonding material can also be changed to have the color of your natural teeth.
- Attach the thin shells of resin bonding material to the roughened tooth surface while shielding it from saliva.
- Point a high intensity light on the molded bonding material to make it tough, strong and durable.
- Apply more thin layers of the composite bonding material until the desired tooth appearance is attained. Once these layers are hardened using a high intensity light, they will make stronger, firmer and more durable teeth.
- Apply polish to the newly created teeth surfaces so they can appear smooth and lovely.
Are composite veneers a good option?
These are good picks when you want strong, long lasting and inexpensive veneers. Besides, composite veneers can be repaired rather than replaced if they develop fractures. While they don’t resist staining, these options are fixed and repaired quickly and painlessly.